FREE SHIPPING - Exploding Kittens Original Edition Card Game
A card game for people who are into kittens and explosions and laser beams and sometimes goats.
- Original all-ages game with cards illustrated by The Oatmeal
- Family-friendly, party game for 2-5 players (up to 9 players with 2 decks)
- Includes 56 cards (2.5 x 3.5 inches), box, and instructions
- This box, like 99.99% of boxes, does not meow
So how do we play Exploding Kittens?
All cards are put into a deck, except for the Defuse and Exploding Kitten cards. The deck is then shuffled and each player draws 7 cards and takes a Defuse card. The Exploding Kitten cards are then shuffled back into the deck so that the number of Exploding Kitten cards in the deck is one less than the number of players. The remaining Defuse cards are then also put back in the deck. A turn order is decided upon.
Each player may then play as many cards from their hand as they like on their turn (including none) before drawing a card. Players are not to tell any other player what cards are in their hand. Played cards are put into a discard pile.
The list of cards is as follows:
- Exploding Kitten: Eliminates the player that draws it, putting them permanently out of the game. The last player remaining wins the game.
- Defuse: Allows a player that draws an Exploding Kitten card to put the card back in the deck in whatever location they choose. This location may be kept secret from other players.
- Nope: Negates the card that was just played except Exploding Kitten and Defuse. This card can be played by any player at any time. A Nope card can be negated by another Nope card.
- Attack: Ends the player’s turn without drawing a card and forces the next player in the turn order to take two turns in a row. Note that if a player affected by an Attack card plays another Attack card on their first turn, both of their turns are ended without drawing.
- Skip: Ends the player’s turn without drawing a card. Note that if a skip card is played by a player affected by an attack card, it will only end one of the two turns.
- Favor: Forces another player to give the player who played this card a card from their own hand. The player affected by this card chooses which card to give.
- Shuffle: Shuffles the deck until told to stop by another player. The player of this card may not view any cards in the deck while shuffling.
- See The Future: Allows the player to see the top 3 cards in the deck. The player of this card may not say what cards they saw.
- Combo cat cards: Useless alone, but with two a player can steal a random card from an opponent. If there are three, a player can ask other players for a specific card. If there are five different cat cards, a player can take a card from the pile
In addition to the cards already mentioned, there are cards that do not have any effects when played on their own. In each deck, there are five types of these cards and four cards of each type. However, when two of each type of card (known as a pair) are played at the same time by a player, that player can take a card from the hand of a player of their choice. The player that plays a pair may not see the cards in the other player’s hand.